What do I do on a day-to-day basis?
1) Ensure your child completes their two activities each day. Your child will be given two activities to do each day – one literacy and one numeracy based at a suitable level for your child. These will also be uploaded onto the school website and onto your child’s class page. It will also be put into Google Classroom for the junior children.
The activities will be put on at a set time each day – 9.30am and we expect the children to have completed them by 2pm.
2) All children will have a choice of three further activities to do throughout the week. These activities can be done at your leisure but please send them to the class teacher by Friday of each week via email/Google Classroom or Seesaw.
3) Read with your child and encourage them to read for pleasure. They may have access to school books, but if not, look at free online books and other books you have at home. Please fill in the online reading record form so your child's teacher can see how they are getting on.
Reading record form: https://forms.gle/pwqhzS6YUYXzNygu9
4) Stick to a routine. Make sure your child gets plenty of sleep but ensure that they get up each day to do their work. Ask them to find a quiet spot in the house where they can work. Make sure they have the equipment they need. Give them breaks and time to relax in between activities.
5) Stay in contact. We are here to help you and your child to do their best. We know it is a challenge to work at home, but it is in your child's best interest to keep up with the activities. Your child's class teacher will be available via email/Seesaw and will make phone contact if required.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and we also use a 'crfstoken' token to prevent cross site request forgery.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: