What do I do on a day-to-day basis?
1) Ensure your child completes their two activities each day. Your child will be given two activities to do each day – one literacy and one numeracy based at a suitable level for your child.
The activities will be put on Google Classroom or Seesaw at a set time each day – 9.30am and we expect the children to have completed them by 2pm. If you are unable to complete by this time, please ensure that you upload their work as soon as possible.
2) All children will have a choice of three further activities to do throughout the week. These activities can be done at your leisure but please send them to the class teacher by Friday of each week via email/Google Classroom or Seesaw.
3) Read with your child and encourage them to read for pleasure. They may have access to school books, but if not, look at free online books and other books you have at home. Please fill in the online reading record form so your child's teacher can see how they are getting on.
Reading record form: https://forms.gle/pwqhzS6YUYXzNygu9
4) Stick to a routine. Make sure your child gets plenty of sleep but ensure that they get up each day to do their work. Ask them to find a quiet spot in the house where they can work. Make sure they have the equipment they need. Give them breaks and time to relax in between activities.
5) Stay in contact. We are here to help you and your child to do their best. We know it is a challenge to work at home, but it is in your child's best interest to keep up with the activities. Your child's class teacher will be available via email/Seesaw and will make phone contact if required.