Croeso I Dosbarth Derbyn
Welcome to Reception
Mrs Davies (Teacher, Subject Leader Numeracy and Head of Foundation Phase)
Mrs Evans (Learning Support Officer)
We have a busy year of learning planned through fun, challenging and character building activities!!
Please keep watching as we add events and experiences that the children encounter throughout the year.
P.E. is every Wednesday. Please ensure your child has a t-shirt and shorts in a bag and their clothing is labelled.
Please practice your child's reading book and words every day and bring into school on their allocated reading day.
Fruit money needs to be paid in advance. If you don't want your child to have fruit please tell us. If you wish to provide your child with their own fruit please send it in daily, in a labelled pot and sliced if necessary. Grapes will not be allowed if whole.
Homework maps are given termly. They are an opportunity for you to enjoy spending time with your child doing fun activities. Merits are given as a reward for homework.
Our topics this year are:-
When I fall Asleep
This project has a Knowledge and Understanding and Creative Development focus and enables children to develop their artistic skills and ideas using a range of expressive and creative processes by exploring the world at night they will investigate:
OUT and ABOUT
This project has a Creative Development focus and enables children to develop their artistic skills and ideas using a range of expressive and creative processes by exploring the world of animals.
I do like to be beside the seaside......../Scrumptious
This topic allows children to explore localities and discover the beach. To have a picnic and look at different types of food, including observing and experiencing the changing state of foods by cooking, melting, mixing and freezing. We explore the children’s ideas and interests.
Children are encouraged to think creatively applying their previous experiences, skills and understanding.
In this topic children learn about:
• Different types of food, exploring and investigating
• Foods they like and dislike, tasting recording and reporting data handling
• The senses of smell and taste home and at the beach
• Keeping healthy by eating a balanced diet, walking, enjoying the beach
• Measures and money through play based contexts, beach cafe, be enterprising and run a business
• Foods from different countries, grow their own foods, look after a garden, take cuttings and paint seeds
• The processes of cooking, melting, freezing and mixing, create a party and cater for it
• Expressing themselves creatively using a range of foods, natural materials from a beach scavenge
• Developing their Welsh language using words and phrases across a range of experiences both in the indoor and outdoor environment
Click here for more information.